Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Long Time Coming




How does a cookbook designed for backpackers travelling in youth hostels sound? It has been my dream for manDevil's Marbles Australia, 2001y years to publish a cookbook 100% designed for backpackers travelling around the world and living in youth hostels and so I have decided to do it the modern way...blog style! This blog is based on my travels and my experience. I am now a professional food stylist with much experience in fine dining but my cooking and career started in youth hostels, where I fell in love with cooking.

8 years ago I travelled through Australia on the greatest adventure of my life. I was a university student looking for something new and exciting to do with my life. I hated what I was studying and like so many university students I had no idea what I would do when I had to enter the "real" world. I graduated with a degree in International Business and the only reason I went into the program was because I loved to travel....not the smartest move I ever made : )


In Australia I taught myself how to cook while travelling from hostel to hostel and living on a tight budget. I quickly learned that the best way to budget my food exAyer's Rock, Australia - 2001penses was to cook fresh and tasty food in hostels, and when I travelled from one hostel to the other I would leave some stuff behind for fellow backpackers and bring my key ingredients with me. Cooking in hostels was a way for me to be social as well. I would cook for me and some new friends and next thing you knew, we were touring the city together. It was a great experience and I am super excited to share this way of travelling with you all.


I really hope you all enjoy this blog, and are able to use these recipes while you travel. Feel free to leave me your comments and questions and lets chat about food and how you can take a recipe and make it work for you.



Talk to you all soon!


The Hostel Chef

1 comment:

  1. I really love to stay in a hostel where the food is tastier and not so much expensive. And it would tastes just like living in a 5 star hotel.

    Hostels in Mendoza

    ReplyDelete